Position Description: Research Assistant (Verification)
|Position:||Research Assistant (Verification)|
|Research Group:||Trustworthy Systems (TS)|
|Location:||Sydney (UNSW, Kensington)|
|Position Profile:||Contribute to the Trustworthy Systems group's research activities|
Accountability and Associated Responsibilities
- Develop formal models and machine-checked proofs,
- Design, implement and test software,
- Develop project documentation and write reports on evaluations,
- Contribute to the team's research activity,
- Support the team to achieve the highest international standards of research,
- Contribute to publications,
- Maintain high ethical and performance standards.
- Degree qualification in Computer Science, or related discipline; or close to degree
- Knowledge of C and functional (ML/Haskell) programming languages, formal methods and logic, operating systems, and UNIX;
- Experience in formal modelling and proof, preferable with theorem proving tools like Isabelle/HOL;
- Highly self-motivated and willing to learn new technology,
- Commitment to ethical and professional standards,
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with low-level systems programming and strong C programming skills;
- Assembler programming and hardware experience,
- Research achievements related to the team's research area,
- Industry research and development experience or success at research interactions with industry.