Position Description: Research Assistant (Systems)
|Position:||Research Assistant (Systems)|
|Research Group:||Trustworthy Systems (TS)|
|Location:||Sydney (UNSW, Kensington)|
|Position Profile:||Contribute to the Trustworthy Systems group's research activities|
Accountability and Associated Responsibilities
- Design, implement, test and evaluate system-software components,
- Research existing approaches and their applicability, and adopt/enhance as needed,
- Understand, critically asses and evaluate locally developed as well as externally-sourced systems or components,
- Develop project documentation and write reports on evaluations,
- Contribute to the team's research activity,
- Support the team to achieve the highest international standards of research,
- Contribute to publications,
- Maintain high ethical and performance standards.
- Degree qualification in Computer Science, or related discipline; or close to degree
- Strong understanding of operating systems design and implementation
- Demonstrated systems skills, especially the ability to understand and modify large software systems
- Strong C programming skills, especially with low-level software
- Highly self-motivated and willing to learn new technology,
- Commitment to ethical and professional standards,
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with assembler programming, hardware design and formal methods,
- Research achievements related to the team's research area,
- Industry research and development experience or success at research interactions with industry.