Trustworthy Systems @ Data61: Formerly SSRG @ NICTA
- Why? To address the need for developing and deploying trustworthy software quickly and effectively.
- Where? From the embedded space to desktop and cloud systems.
- How? By applying rigorous techniques to achieve solid and practically meaningful guarantees, with from provable security, safety, and reliability properties of critical systems.
- Who? We are a group of experts spanning three major research disciplines, with a track record in formally verified microkernel-based systems (seL4 and L4.verified).
- Read more about our vision, our past achievements, and our publications.
- Overview Document Get an Overview as a slide deck of our expertise and selected projects.
Andrei Sabelfeld (Chalmers University of Technology) on Tracking
Information Flow in Web Applications More...
Everything you ve been told about passwords is wrong
2018-02-19 The US expert who wrote the standard for password security now says he was wrong - and it's time for a new way. Gernot Heiser has been interviewed by InTheBlack about computer security regarding passwords - and that part of the solution is to use long, memorable passphrases rather than passwords.
seL4 based AltoCrypt secure communication device wins AU Army development contract
2018-02-19 Australian company Penten Services has won a $1.3m innovation contract for their seL4 based AltoCrypt secure communication device. The device will provide secure wireless communication to the army to protect it from cyber threats. Read more here.
Gernot Heiser joined editorial board of the Research Highlights section of Comm. of th...
2018-02-12 Gernot Heiser has joined the editorial board of the highly prestigious Research Highlights section of Communications of the ACM. 24 Research Highlights are invited per year from the most impactful work published in ACM venues across all of computer science.
Dr June Andronick gives SUE talk about how industries should start switching to verifi...
2018-01-30 "Trust Your Software?" - Trustworthy Systems' group leader June Andronick has given a SUE Talk as part of the Monash Business School executive education program 'Your Leadership Voice: Women in Focus'. SUE talks are bold, passionate and inspiring talks by successful, unstoppable and empowering women changing the face of business! You...
Meltdown-Spectre amplifies call for new hardware-software contract
2018-01-29 Gernot Heiser's call for a new hardware-software contract has been amplified by the revelations of the Meltdown-Spectre attacks. ZDNet wrote an article interviewing Gernot about the current issues with the ISA and what needs to be done to help mitigate these attacks in the future. Read the article here. Gernot's paper on the the Har...
Bad benchmarks bedevil boffins' infosec efforts
2018-01-16 'Benchmark crimes' understate true performance impact of security controls. Gernot Heiser recently spoke to the Register to discuss their paper about how researchers can sometimes use misleading or inaccurate numbers in measuring the performance of their software. Read the Register article here.