Trustworthy Systems @ Data61: Formerly SSRG @ NICTA
- Why? To address the need for developing and deploying trustworthy software quickly and effectively.
- Where? From the embedded space to desktop and cloud systems.
- How? By applying rigorous techniques to achieve solid and practically meaningful guarantees, with from provable security, safety, and reliability properties of critical systems.
- Who? We are a group of experts spanning three major research disciplines, with a track record in formally verified microkernel-based systems (seL4 and L4.verified).
- Read more about our vision, our past achievements, and our publications.
- Overview Document Get an Overview as a slide deck of our expertise and selected projects.
Andrei Sabelfeld (Chalmers University of Technology) on Tracking
Information Flow in Web Applications More...
Data61, CSIRO now a member of the RISC-V Foundation
2018-04-18 Gernot Heiser will represent CSIRO on the RISC-V foundation's security task groups, with the aim of making it easier to build truly trustworthy systems.
seL4 now runs on RISC-V64
2018-04-18 Release 9.0.1 of the seL4 kernel has prototype support for RISC-V64. At the time of release, seL4-test passes on the Spike emulation platform, with single core, and without FPU. Full details were released to the seL4 devel mailing list
Everything you ve been told about passwords is wrong
2018-02-19 The US expert who wrote the standard for password security now says he was wrong and it's time for a new way. Gernot Heiser has been interviewed by InTheBlack about computer security regarding passwords and that part of the solution is to use long, memorable passphrases rather than passwords.
seL4 based AltoCrypt secure communication device wins AU Army development contract
2018-02-19 Australian company Penten Services has won a $1.3m innovation contract for their seL4 based AltoCrypt secure communication device. The device will provide secure wireless communication to the army to protect it from cyber threats. Read more here.
Gernot Heiser joined editorial board of the Research Highlights section of Comm. of th...
2018-02-12 Gernot Heiser has joined the editorial board of the highly prestigious Research Highlights section of Communications of the ACM. 24 Research Highlights are invited per year from the most impactful work published in ACM venues across all of computer science.
Dr June Andronick gives SUE talk about how industries should start switching to verifi...
2018-01-30 "Trust Your Software?" - Trustworthy Systems' group leader June Andronick has given a SUE Talk as part of the Monash Business School executive education program 'Your Leadership Voice: Women in Focus'. SUE talks are bold, passionate and inspiring talks by successful, unstoppable and empowering women changing the face of business! You...